ID.me is a platform designed to digitally connect reputable organizations and the military community.
Our mission is to create value for the military community with everything that we do as a company.
ID.me Guiding Values and Principles
- Our users own their own data.
- ID.me is a user-centric, permissions based platform that requires user permission for each transmission of information from a user to a partner brand through ID.me.
- Partners may not sell ID.me user data to third party sites.
Developers and applications that utilize the ID.me Platform must comply with the following policy:
- Partner will adhere to all applicable laws when using the ID.me platform.
- Partner will provide ID.me with access to the Partner application to deliver the ID.me Widget and permit Partner End Users to access the ID.me Widget.
- Partner may only use, save or retain the Validation Responses associated with Partner End Users’ military affiliation for the sole purpose of making Product Offers.
Partner may not disclose, transfer, sell or otherwise deliver to any other Person any Validation Responses with respect to
any Partner End User or any lists, databases or similar compilations derived from the Validation Responses; it being
understood that the Validation Responses may be used, saved and retained by Partner only for the limited purposes expressly
set forth in this Agreement and only during the Term.
Partner will not directly or indirectly transfer any data received from ID.me, including user data to any ad network,
ad exchange, data broker, or other advertising or monetization related toolset, even if a user consents to such transfer or use.
For purposes of clarity, a partner cannot transfer ID.me user data to a third party who then transfers the data to an ad
network. ID.me user data means all data obtained through use of the ID.me Platform (API, Plugins, etc.), including
aggregate, anonymous or derivative data.
- Partner must not include data obtained from a ID.me user in any search engine or directory.
- Partner must not include functionality that proxies, requests or collects ID.me usernames or passwords.
ID.me may change these Platform Policies at any time without prior notice as we deem necessary.
Your continued use of Platform constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Violating ID.me Policies
ID.me can take enforcement action against you and any or all of your applications if we determine in our sole
judgment that you or your application violates ID.me Platform Terms and Policies. Enforcement action is both
automated and manual, and can include disabling your application, restricting you and your application's access to
Platform functionality, terminating our agreements with you, or any other action as we in our sole discretion deem appropriate.
Communication with developers takes place via an email sent from the ID.me domain to the contact email address registered to
the application. Partners must ensure that their email address is current and that their email provider does not filter out any